Mosquitoes can be harmful pests, so it’s advised to use the best and most natural mosquito bug repellents.
How to Choose the Best Natural Mosquito Repellent
If you’re planning on hiking or simply taking a stroll around the neighborhood, it’s advised to use a mosquito repellent, especially during warmer weathers. Mosquitoes can harbor many deadly diseases, so it’s advised to have a long lasting repellent. As such, the following is a list of things to look for when choosing a natural mosquito repellent:
1. Avoid products that combine sunscreen with repellent: dual purpose repellents are highly ineffective as the ingredients negatively interact with each other, reducing its potency and requiring more frequent applications for the effects to occur. It’s much better to buy two separate products if you desire sunscreen and repellent.
2. Lasts at least 90 minutes: this depends on how long you’re staying outside, but generally you want a product that gives a greater length of protection so you don’t have to waste time reapplying the formula.
3. Natural ingredients: the more natural ingredients there are, the gentler the product will be on your skin. Synthetic ingredients on the other hand have a greater likelihood of causing an allergic reaction.
4. Look at reviews: sometimes a mosquito repellent may not be as effective as advertised. Therefore, it’s best to look at reviews from previous customers to see if they were satisfied with the results or not. This can save a lot of time and money in terms of mistakenly buying a “defective” repellent.
5. Natural oils: natural oils have been shown to be quite effective against insects, so make sure the product you’re buying has some form of organic oil such as rosemary.
Best Natural Mosquito Repellents on the Market
Needless to say, there are many great mosquito repellents on the market, but the following are currently the best for long-time use.
3. The third best is Burt’s Bees All-Natural Herbal Insect Repellent which has all-natural rosemary oil. The oil has been proven to be an excellent repellent against mosquitoes. The all natural ingredients are also exceptionally gentle on the skin.
2. The second best on the market is Eco Defense All Natural Mosquito Repellent Spray, which is all-natural but has hours of protection. This is much longer than most products that only offer about 90 minutes of repellent. The product also comes with a money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the results.
3. The best out of the three is Badger Anti-Bug Balm which lasts for four hours. Unlike most repellents, this product is pleasant smelling and is safe for the entire family. It also contains organic citronella, cedar, and lemongrass essential oils for a powerful repellent that is gentle on the skin.
Protecting your family from the inconvenience of bug bites to harmful diseases doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming. A good mosquito repellent can provide hours of protection whether you’re walking in the park or hiking through the mountains. When choosing a good mosquito repellent, always ensure that the ingredients are all natural and that prior customers were satisfied with the product’s usefulness.